FOX News is a FRAUD-TUCKER CARLSON, former TV Host
…My deal on the cable station runs until January 2025, I feel humiliated for been yanked off the air as part of the Dominion settlement, I will be suing for a breach of signed contract soon
*Vow: ‘I am launching a new version of my show on Twitter which we have been doing for the last six-and-a-half years, I will anchor the program on cyber space with same staff, same known people who worked with me on my previous show’
- Advertisement -
*“Fox employees, including Rupert Murdoch broke promises to Carlson intentionally and with reckless disregard for the truth. We are accusing Fox executives of making material representations, or promises, to Carlson that were intentionally broken, constituting fraud. Fox broke an agreement with Carlson not to leak his private communications to the media and not to use Carlson’s private messages to take any adverse employment action against him. Fox broke promises not to settle with Dominion Voting Systems in a way which would indicate wrongdoing on the part of Carlson and not to take any actions in a settlement that would harm Carlson’s reputation”-Carlson’s lawyer Bryan Freedman writes Fox officials Viet Dinh and Irena Briganti
*Fox sends out a cease-and-desist letter to Media Matters to stop publishing leaked Tucker Carlson videos
*BY SAMSON SHOAGA/GROUP MANAGING Editor & GEORGE ELIJAH OTUMU/AMERICA Senior Investigative Editor
TUCKER CARLSON, a former host of the show, ‘Tucker Carlson Tonight’ on prime time network of Fox News is threatening ‘fire and brimstone’ after been humiliated, yanked off the air two weeks ago by the Board of Directors and Editorial management of the television station after the company paid out a hefty amount of money to Dominion Voting System running into millions of dollars over the lies and fraudulent allegations made against digital electoral company regarding the 2020 election in the United States. The former television host is now alleging fraud against Fox corporation from the top of the management down, especially how he was disgraced when several videos of his sarcastic criticism of the station were leaked to other media outlets after his ‘firing’ unceremoniously. He is claiming his contract with Fox runs till 2025 and that he is not taking the matter lightly.
- Advertisement -
Carlson said he is launching a new show on Twitter, putting him on a potential collision course with Fox News, which ousted him last month while keeping him under contract.
“Starting soon, we’ll be bringing a new version of the show we’ve been doing for the last six-and-a-half years to Twitter. We bring some other things too, which we’ll tell you about. But for now we’re just grateful to be here. Free speech is the main right that you have. Without it, you have no others,” Mr. Carlson said in a video posted to the social-media platform Tuesday afternoon. Former Fox News host will staff the program with people who worked on his previous show.
The embattled television anchor announced and would be bringing his show to Twitter. He accused the network Tuesday of fraud and breach of contract-and made a host of document demands that could precede legal action.
- Advertisement -
The aggressive letter from his lawyers to Fox positions Carlson to argue that the non-compete provision in his contract is no longer valid-freeing him to launch his own competing show or media enterprise.
Carlson’s lawyer writes Fox News counsel:
According to a well worded letter written by Carlson’s lawyer Bryan Freedman to Fox officials Viet Dinh and Irena Briganti, it reads: “Fox employees, including Rupert Murdoch broke promises to Carlson intentionally and with reckless disregard for the truth. We are accusing Fox executives of making material representations, or promises, to Carlson that were intentionally broken, constituting fraud. Fox broke an agreement with Carlson not to leak his private communications to the media and not to use Carlson’s private messages to take any adverse employment action against him. Fox broke promises not to settle with Dominion Voting Systems in a way which would indicate wrongdoing on the part of Carlson and not to take any actions in a settlement that would harm Carlson’s reputation”.
The Twitter move would seem to technically violate Carlson’s contract with Fox, but his lawyers’ letter effectively holds that Fox breached the contract first.
Carlson’s lawyers sent their letter before the broadcast journalist took to Twitter to announce his new show.
Carlson, allegedly frustrated by being held to his contract, is preparing to unleash allies to pressure the network into letting him work for-or start- a right-wing rival. His contract runs until January 2025 and Fox News wants to keep paying him, which would prevent him from starting a competing show.
Carlson already has gotten eye-popping offers from several right-wing outlets, and has talked to Elon Musk about working together.
Multiple outlets have reported on Carlson’s redacted communications from pre-trial discovery documents and have suggested that they led to his ousting.
The letter also alleges Fox broke promises not to settle with Dominion Voting Systems “in a way which would indicate wrongdoing” on the part of Carlson and not to take any actions in a settlement that would harm Carlson’s reputation.
Carlson was told by a member of the Fox board that he was taken off the air as part of the Dominion settlement.
Fox News sent a cease-and-desist letter on Friday to Media Matters, the progressive watchdog, and its president, demanding that it take down embarrassing behind-the-scenes videos of Tucker Carlson attacking Fox News’ streaming service and making crude remarks while joking with staff. The footage, published over the last week in a series of clips, comes in the wake of Carlson’s abrupt firing at the right-wing network and as a steady drip of leaked text messages show the former primetime star making racist and denigrating comments.
The sternly worded letter from Fox Corporation lawyers said the “unaired footage” is its “confidential intellectual property” and demanded Media Matters “cease and desist from distribution, publication, and misuse of Fox’s misappropriated proprietary footage, which you are now on notice was unlawfully obtained.”
“Reporting on newsworthy leaked material is a cornerstone of journalism,” Media Matters President Angelo Carusone said in response to Fox’s demand Friday. “For Fox to argue otherwise is absurd and further dispels any pretense that they’re a news operation. Perhaps if I tell them that the footage came from a combination of WikiLeaks and Hunter Biden’s laptop, it will alleviate their concerns.”
Carlson has not responded to CNN requests for comment about the footage.
The watchdog group published a video clip on Wednesday showing Carlson speaking to colleagues on set between broadcasts candidly discussing the deposition he gave in Dominion Voting Systems’ defamation case against Fox. Carlson referred to a Dominion lawyer as a “slimy little motherf**ker” and confessed to his producer “the hate” that he felt for him.
“I don’t want to feel that way. I think it’s wrong. It’s bad. It’s totally bad for you to feel that way,” Carlson said. “But that guy, he triggered the sh*t out of me.”
The footage also showed Carlson trashing the right-wing network’s streaming service Fox Nation, expressing frustration that the platform “sucks” and complaining that it’s “unbelievable” shortcomings were a “betrayal” of his efforts.
In other clips, Carlson is seen talking about sex ahead of an on-camera interview with Fox Nation host Piers Morgan, saying “If we’re going to talk about sex, I’d love to hit some of the fine points of technique.”
*Additional reports by CNN
CERTAINLY, Good journalism costs a lot of money. Without doubt, only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government. We are ready to hold every corrupt government accountable to the citizens. To continually enjoy free access to the best investigative journalism in Nigeria, we are requesting of you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavor.”
By contributing to NAIJA STANDARD NEWSPAPER, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all without fear or favor.
Your donation is voluntary — please decide how much and how often you want to give. For offline donation, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +2348037128048 (Nigeria) or +16825834890 (United States of America)